Since 1916 Mubea, a German, family-owned automotive supplier, has focused on lightweight construction for heavy-duty suspension components and related products. We are the market leader in many segments of the spring industry supplying the world car manufacturers and leading Tier 1 system suppliers by utilizing over 12,000 workers worldwide in 36 production and development locations on four continents
Mubea leads in innovation, design, development, and production of engine, suspension, transmission and body components. Our international standards are based on our technological developments and the most important objectives of the automobile industry: the sustained reduction of fuel consumption and emission levels.
For more information visit www.mubea.com
Mubea is searching for a Project Engineer to support our global activities in our Suspension group.
This position will direct, coordinate, and exercise functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of engineering projects the in areas of assigned responsibility by performing the following duties.
* Designs and develops suspension systems, including suspension springs and stabilizer bars.
* Uses design tools for analysis and package feasibility.
* Maintains program timing and project deliverables from quotation through to launch.
* Coordinates sample development and delivery to customers.
* Planning and reporting of validation tests (DVP&R)
* Direct communication and coordination with customers and sub-suppliers.
* Manage development and drawings of system components.
* Stress analysis and fatigue verification.
* Coordinating design and prototype verification builds.
Education and/or Experience
* BS Engineering, preferably Mechanical with focus on Automotive Engineering
* 3 or more years of experience in automotive industry, preferably in suspension
* Experience working in Tier 1 environment directly with OEMs
* General mechanical experience with automotive or similar products
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
* Customer oriented and entrepreneurial mindset
Some travel, up to 20% required to our production facilities in Florence, Kentucky, customers, and suppliers as necessary. Potential for international travel.